inTank Media Baskets

What is the best tank for SPS and Clams?

AbSoluTc

I need help deciding on what the best tank is for SPS and Clams. I have a 20L sitting empty and a few people recommended it as the tank of choice. I also was thinking about a 16 Bow.

I would not mind using the 20L, but my only concearn is, it is rather shallow. Meaning, would it provide enough growth room vertically? I know the 16 Bow would.

What are your suggestions? What tank would be ideal for this purpose?

Lighting is not an issue as I will be using halides.

Thanks

20l, since it is so shallow itd make for a killer reeftank IMHO. Although with the proper lighting, the 16b would be really cool aswell. Either way...

The 16 bow is -

20 1/2 L x 13 W x 18 H

Comes in only black silicone, with your choice of Maple, Cherry or Black trim.

abs,

is this for propagating or display?

prop: 20L

display: bow

20L would prompt the corals to grow outward (crack/snip). the bow looks sweet! B)

The 20 Long gets my vote! Long, sleek and made to be a reef tank. It looks so much larger than it is and so much surface area for corals.

fullview20.jpg

d@mn you jdsabin1! :angry:

i wished my tank looked that good. X)

hey abs the best clam and sps tank would be about 6 inches deep with about 600,000 watts mh. :P (sorry bro couldn't resist.)

You all aren't helping me here (tiny) :|

lol. I think I will do the 20L. I have it already and don't have to fork over 60/80 bux for the bow. I think if I do it right, it should look really good.

BTW - It would be for display.

Originally posted by Mnesarchus

Holy sheep######! jdsabin1, that tank is absolutley brilliant!

LOL! Thanks guys. I get four new cherry picked corals tomorrow so I will post some more pics over the weekend.

Now if I can find a few real nice clams after my MH's are in place I'll be feeling pretty good about all this :).

MrConclusion

jdsabin1 your tank looks even better than I remember, and that's saying a lot!

Weren't you rinning T5's a while ago?

Kris, whats up with UPS? They just telling you to eat the costs although it was their fault? Money is good and im just wondering if ill ever see it :)

dimensions of the 20L is 12high x 12deep x 30long,thats what size tank i'm getting ready to set up , i think they make a great nano

Archived