Top Shelf Aquatics

Ocellaris Clowns host?

rklutts

I have just gotten 3 baby ocellaris clowns and was looking for something they might want to call home. I do not want to get a anemone though.

I have heard that they host with "some" corals. I have a AGA 7 bow so I don't have to much room. I was thinking about something in the top right up on the LR.

tank_8.jpg

Xenia, Torch, Leather???... Has anyone had them host in a coral?

Something that is not gonna cause to much trouble in my small tank.

with regards to your actual question, yes to all of the above, and more. clowns can take almost anything as a host. stupid fish do stupid things. funny as hell when your clown is rubbing up against a magfloat.

turtle is right, three clowns is a bit much for a 7.

I am looking into getting the new 16 gallon bow and hook that to a 6 gallon fuge with a skimmer.

They are quite small about 1/2". I have been watching them grow for the last 5-6 weeks and they are growing slowly. If I keep up with the water changes once a week there should not be a problem.

I bet all 3 is equal to the load of 1.25 adult at the most.

They seem very happy. Eat like pigs, will eat frozen F1 from my fingers. You can see their little bellies swell.

I was looking at a Leather that was in a ball shape last night or some hairy mushrooms, Toad stools look cool but get way big.

If you are a xenia fan, pulsing xenia tends to be an attraction for many clowns. Either that or a hairy musroom or a ric...for some reason they like to host in them. But then again like crakeur said, 'stupid fish do stupid things'. You cant have a surefire way of making them host. But chances are, they will host to one of the first corals in there.

Archived