SaltCritters.com

Overflowing problem!

ch0ch

Hi... im having a huge problem with the flow in my 7 gal / 5.5gal fuge. First of all there is a ton of noise .... i tried fixing that with a 3/4 strait pipe, but now its over flowing the tank!

Does anyone else who is running 300gph through a 3/4 inch pipe have this problem? How did you fix it?

Thanx in advance for your help

-ch0ch

can i use an old aquaclear 300 from my freshwater 75gal downstairs? its running right now but if i can use it ill go downstairs clean the heck outta it and put it on my nano... plz reply asap...

and thanx!

-ch0ch

ps... the sump thing just wasnt working :/

just using the AC300 (w/o filter media) as a circulating device should be fine in a pinch. i assume that's what you mean.

i'm not sure what the layout of the fuge overflow problem is so i can't comment other than 3/4" for a gravity feed at 300gph may be a problem. forced flow is no prob, i.e. outflow of a PH or similar.

edit: actually, re-thinking it, 3/4" should be able to handle 300gph. maybe you need a bleeder or air tube whachamacallsit.

list your setup out and maybe a detailed description, sketch or pic and we can better help you out. hth

Archived