SaltCritters.com

What's this in my Live Sand?

fuentes925

Hi,

I have only had my nano for a short time and I am still finding new thing's on the LR and LS. I bought this Nano used, and it is 6 months old which included LR, LS and a few hermit's and snails. The other day I noticed a very small what looked like an ant almost, but about 1/3 of the size and see through lite tan in color. Today I seen 3 burrows in the sand bed and upon watching the burrow I noticed that it was the same ant like critter making burrows in the LS. What could it be, I hope not a Mantis shrimp! I read on the internet about Mantis shrimp and the say they burrow in the sand bed, and the mantis larvea kind of look like what I seen.

Fuentes925

Good to hear that it is most likely pods. This is my first saltwater tank and this nano was already cycled when I bought it. I have keeped fresh water for some time and decided to buy this cycled nano because it was cheap and I always liked the nano reefs. I am surprised at all the micro life forms in the tank. You would be surprised how much time I spend and how late I have went to sleep just watching the LR and LS since I got the tank. If I am not watching the tank I am reading the internet for info on nano's. I have been bit by the nano bug, and will be posting many questions as I am very eager to learn more.

Fuentes925

Archived