SaltCritters.com

How thick is the glass on a ten gallon tank?

swordfish

I'll be building my own 10-15 gal. "long" tank soon and want to know how thick the glass is on a standard manufactured tank of coparable volume.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks. I had no way of accurately meausring one and if I called a glass place, what do they know for sure about aquariums? Building a 15 long is going to be fun, not too hard and relatively cheap also. I've always liked proportions of the 20 long, but to suit my taste I want a fifteen. Since they don't make fifteens in longs or much at all anymore, I think this will be th eperfect solution. Besides, it'll be about 24 in length so it'll accomodate a typical size hood.

Jeff

ok....hold up...the tank measurement I gave you is for a standard 10 gl. If you are having a 15 long built...you may want to find out the thickness on the 15gl. As water and weight volume is sure to differ from the 10gl. I would search through the tank section and find someone that has a tank similar to the one you want to have built, and get there tank deminsions. Just thought you may want to be more safe than sorry.

Archived