ReefCleaners.org

HELP! Something seems to be wrong with frogspawn!

sernger

I just bought a frogspawn yesterday, took 2 hours to acclimate. This morning, I turned on the lights, 130W PC lights, and left it on for like 12 hours, and it doens't seem that the frogspawn is expanding. The 'tentacles' are maybe less than an inch. I dont' know if there is anything wrong with it...it's longer than when it was during the trip home, but it doesn't seem to be expanding that much at all. Does it need some time to get used to the new environment? Any help is appreciated that will help me.

One last question. How come one of my cleaner shrimp is attacking the other cleaner shrimp. They both have a red stripe on their back, but one has a yellow body and the other has a white body. Could they be different species, and maybe that's why one is attacking the other when it goes near it ?

Give your frogspwn some time. How are your water parameters? (Calcium, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, alk, etc.)

I had a white skunk cleaner shrimp. Extremely active and friendly. Unfortunately, it died. My current replacement is yellowish, and has a different behavior, more shy. I don't know if they are separate species, or maybe the color reflects the mood, or what. (would be interesting to know). Shrimp will often fight amongst themselves, nevertheless.

Ah okay ...yeah that frogspawn is now looking good, and the shrimps stopped fighting. Everything is looking good for now.

Archived