Innovative Marine Aquariums

Suplements

shadofax69

Hi, I was just wondering what the best suplements to use in my 2.5gal nano reef are. If you could please give me a brand name and all the products I need to keep a sucessful reef. I use buffer blocks on my 75 to add all the trace elements so I have no experience in this field. So far for my 2.5 I have some green zoos, some green stars, a brown hairy mushroom, and some sort of toadstool looking thing. They are all in my 75 now but I am going to switch them over as soon as my PC's come.

AZDesertRat

Don't waste your time and money. Just do regular small water changes with a good quality well mixed salt water.

If I replace the minerals just by water changes should I use some sort of buffer solution to keep the pH up or are there usually enough stuff in the salt mix to get the pH up? On my 75 I am always adding either buffer blocks or a buffer solution to keep my pH around 8.3.

Keeping your alkalinity around 10-13 dKH should keep the PH in check. I use Kent Superbuffer dKH. About 1-2 tsp. every other day and I use 1-2 tsp. SeaChem Reef Advantage Calcium on the off days. Along with weekly 5g water changes on my 20g.

Archived