Cultivated Reef

i bought an AWSOME crab today

The Unit

i was at my LFS and the first tank i looked into had this crab, bout 1.5" wide, the colors on it were so random and bright i thought some kid dropped a toy in the tank or i was being watch by a camera and being made fun of...seriously one leef was bright orange the next was a brown and the back two were a shade of dark blue/purple. It looked like a 3 year old painted it. Also it didnt move the entire time i was watching it. I asked the guy [vitz on reefcentral] if it was real, he said it was some kind of fidler crab and it was $2.99, I had to get him, i know crabs are iffy in tanks but i couldnt resist...ill try for a pic tomorrow

Sounds dope...post up you got me sold on the lil guy

Beautiful and cheap--sounds like some girls ive been with, those were some dayZz

PICS...the colors didnt come out but what ever i see as dar is actually a blue[lighter than navy blue] the legs are orange and he likes to be in the sand [completly covered].......

side view......looks like a mini version of the fidler crabs on christmas island. The ones that are all red and walk all over the streets and forests during mugration to the sea...and he has these eys that remind me of "mr crabs" on spong bob [sorry i have a little sister]

My lfs has a few of those in stock as well. Pretty cool. I would have got one but I know nothing about them.

btw, dont be ashamed for watching spongebob, thats quality television right there.

but he dosent like the air.....i took him out and let him make the choice.....site on the egg crate in the air of jumpoff in the water.......he took the water 5 time in a row.......

the eyes are different than those pics and the color[i know they dont shoe up with my crappy camera] but they are bright orange and dark blue...plus he dosnt like to be out of the water....

looks pretty cool. yeah i see ghost crabs every time i go to the beach and they look different. i actually had to help some sea turtle society protect a sea turtle nest and hatchlings from the ghost crabs one night because apperantly they eat the babies on thier way to the beach.

Archived