Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

are all gobys jumpers?

Ascensive

i am hoping to soon have my 10g hoodless soon after I get my sealife 80watt light with moonlite.

i want to get a watchman goby, but i dont want it to jump out. is it likely that this goby may spaz out and hop its happy butt out the tank? are there any gobys that are calm or just dont do that?..clown goby?

let me know...i plan to have a pair of perculas, a cleaner shrimp, and a fish/goby that hangs out along the floor, and rocks.

any info, please give it up.

jAy

howdy local reefer! or somewhat close anyway. I dunno if all gobies jump but lemme tell you, most dont come out much. they like life in the burrows. I'd suggest getting a small leaf fish if you want something interesting. The only goby that comes out often to know knowledge is the Yashia Haze goby, which brings in the price tag of... 60 bucks a piece! But here's a tip for keeping your goby from jumping. Pair it up with a pistol shrimp. They'll love you for it and the goby won't go too far fromt he shrimp. However, sand storms are kinda troublesome depending on your substrate. HTH!:D

whats the deal with the pistol shrimp? i really dont want to have to have two shrimp in a ten. but i think ill take the chance of having an open tank first...then spend some change on my plexi-glass outer tank hood, if i get some high jumpers in my tank.

jAy

my watchman only comes to the top to feed and thats only for like a nano second at a time. the rest of the time he spens haning out on the bottom. he doesn't hide much. big gonads for sucha small fish. really cool. i say get one dude!

Archived