Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My new 180 SPS build, in the grand scheme of things, it is still a nano

filefish949

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am coming close to making a decision to put a small clown trigger in the system. A key component of the decision it the realization that I am going to have to redo my rockwork, probably within the next 6 months anyway. Unfortunately I ignored some good advice given to me by some very experienced reefers. That advice was not to build the rock up past 1/2 the height of the tank. It is becoming painfully obvious that something needs to be done as my colonies are soon to start running out of space.

Before i start, I will want to have a temporary 40-60 gallons setup. I will probably be removing 30-60 pounds of live rock and several colonies. it is sort of like going on a trip... when you pack to go home, there is never as much room in the suitcase as when you left :lol: The idea being that I would like to have someplace to keep the rock and corals that I will be selling after the remodel

I think I will suspend the sale of my ER 6-2+ I can use that, now all I need is a tank sump and light to use for a few weeks to sell my excesses

If the Clown trigger becomes troublesome, I can remove it when I do the remodel

• 1 month later...
filefish949

well I gave uop on the clown trigger, and was thinking about a harlequin tusk, but decided against that... so i just blew a bunch of $$ on AB 20k lamps, great color without being too blue... the WB is off a bit in this FTS

img2623x.jpg

Wow File!! That tank looks fantastic!

I'm jealous of the monti! From far away that birdnest and the "not galaxia" coral look like a brain with Enstein hair haha :lol:

good work!

filefish949
Wow File!! That tank looks fantastic!

I'm jealous of the monti! From far away that birdnest and the "not galaxia" coral look like a brain with Enstein hair haha :lol:

good work!

stop by max today i have a bunch of rock with all sorts of good live stuff on it.. blue cloves etc, and a lot of frags, i just re-aquascaped last night so lots of frags as well

new FTS soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

That is one great looking tank. I really like the woodwork with the stand and canopy. Keep posting pics for us!

Bruce

• 1 month later...
filefish949

thank you all for the props, a friend came over last night and took some photos with his rebel and macro lens, here are the ones he posted up at RC

thanks Austin!

I had the pleasure of stopping by Mark's house and taking some pics for him yesterday... And man does he have some NICE stuff! I wanted to share some of the pics with you guys.

Mark, I know some of this stuff is "TOP SECRET" so let me know if you want me to take any of these pics down. ;) Thanks again for the frags! :thumbsup:

Start off with a FTS ( I am not very good at FTS's... )

IMG_3577.jpg

My Favorite! Granulosa (got a frag of this! :D:P )

IMG_3375.jpg

I believe this was the Candle light acro

IMG_3378.jpg

Oregon Tort (this is true to life color, rediculously blue!) (didn't even ASK for a frag of this...lol)

IMG_3382.jpg

Lokani

IMG_3388.jpg

Forget the name of this one, but it is weird glowing green color... Very cool looking!

IMG_3392.jpg

and some more

A SICK blasto I want to be on the "waiting list" for

IMG_3398.jpg

One of about 5 or 6 VERY nice acans he's got....

IMG_3401.jpg

Surf n' Turf (without papers, lol)

IMG_3406.jpg

Chalice that I cannot capture the true color, very nice! (I am on the waiting list ;) )

IMG_3413.jpg

Another acan

IMG_3423.jpg

The OTHER chalice I am on the waiting list for! :D never seen on like it!

IMG_3425.jpg

he ran through a whole roll of film trying to catch my sohol :lol: the only time that fish sits still is to bite me

And a couple of his LESS than photogenic Sohal, the king of the tank.

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

filefish949
Sweet!

You do have some amazing pieces FF!

That Blasto is awesome B)

thanks, things have really started to POP since i added my new GEO 618 calcium reactor

here it is under my stand. I made a few innovations.. cause i am cheep :) that actually make life a lot easier

img2865l.jpg

I did not want to add yet an other small pump to plug in and clean and all that so I T-d off the return pump. this has another huge advantage for the calcium reactor, very consistent high pressure, which keeps my effluent drip rate constant :)

img2843x.jpg

I had noticed that it was requiring more kalkwasser to keep my pH stable with the new reactor co I concocted this DIY ghetto 2nd chamber / Co2 bleed off chamber The Effluant hose goes to the bottom of the jar and it is held in place with a surgrip magnet.. works wonders for my tank pH

img2849.jpg

you may have noticed that I T-d off my return twice in the earlier picture, one of my pet peeves is having to prime my GFO reactor every time i change media and adjusting the stupid slide with my thumbnail on the minijet404 and it always getting clogged.. not any more, now it is just a ez turn of a ball valve and i got rid of another pump :)

img2854.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

awesome tank man. Exactly what I want to do for my next tank, 180, mainly sps, few LPS and softies.

Your stand is very neat aswell.

What have you got for flow in there?

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived