Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone dosing with Kent Nano Reef?

Jason McK

I'm am going to get some of this for my 14G biocube, is anyone using it and are you dosing the full amount daily as per the instructions or doing something different?

I've started using this in my new 20gallon tank about a month ago... not sure if it's doing anything fantastic considering I'm still a newbie... but so far, it's been keeping my tank free from major algae outbreak... and the corals and fishes are looking 'happy'. :D When I first introduced it, my bubble-tip anemone shrink itself majorly, but after about 10 minutes, it started to open up. I put about 3/4 of the amount that's been recommended after my weekly water change.

ive been using it for about 10 months now in my BC.(my tank is covered in coraline) and it works wonderfully.. the only other thing i dose is iodine and strontium every so often.... i NEVER put the fulll recomended amount on bottle.. because IMO the less you dose is better, but it is benificial... if that makes sense..

Went to have a look at the fishshop again... was curious on the Kent Coral-Accel and a whole load of other liquid supplement options... by any chance, anyone have use any of their other products? :huh:

SeeDemTails

First off, unless you have good test kits you can easily screw your tank up with any two part system. Your doses should depend on what your tests read....NOT what the bottle says.

Also, I like the ESV b-ionic much better than the kent nano stuff, and I have used both for some time.

First off, unless you have good test kits you can easily screw your tank up with any two part system. Your doses should depend on what your tests read....NOT what the bottle says.

Also, I like the ESV b-ionic much better than the kent nano stuff, and I have used both for some time.

+1 on ESV B-Ionic

Seachem has a dose calculator at

http://www.seachem.com/support/DoseCalcula...eCalculator.swf

I do not know if this will work with other brands. But this will give you an idea how much to dose based on how much your tank needs and not what the bottle says.

this will give you an idea how much to dose based on how much your tank needs and not what the bottle says.

Every tank is different, every salt mix is different. Its your tank if you want to take the risk.

SeeDemTails

Dosing calcs can be completely off, as stated above it varies from tank to tank.

I would only use a calc as a basic way to get started, but then use your test kits to determine you exact dose. This may take a couple weeks to get right.

I used Kent Nano reef when I had my 12g aquapod & it worked... then quickly moved to dosing two part using recipe 1...works like a charm. test & dose till dialed in was the way I went.

FYI www.bulkreefsupply.com is where I got the two part from...they have great prices & currently they have a group special going on if you can get enough interest.

• 1 year later...
Justin_Freebords

i use randys for alkalinity because it was easy to make. I recently got kents 2 part and i will start dosing that instead of the 2 part and see how it goes

most instructions tell you to use more then you really need. they do this so that you will use up the product quick and buy more. for example, my fish food says to feed everyday and feed the fish till it stops eating... they dont really eat 10 minutes a day in the wild, right? lol. get a test kit to see how much you really need to dose.

LFS recommended this to me. My calcium was at 340ppm, Carbonate Hardness was 11 dkH (according to my AP kit and their Salifert tests).

Dosed 8 drops of Parts A & B into my 3g. Calc and Alk are still the same. Repeated tests 12 and 24 hours later - same results (Calc was actually lower @ 320ppm this time).

Am I missing something or should I up the dose? Using Reef Crystals salt - it seems to be mixing to 340ppm. Going to take a batch of freshly mixed water to the LFS for them to test as well.

I laugh at Kent Nano Reef A & B. They bottle up the same Tech CB A & B and put Nano on it and charge you more for the same junk...

Kent Nano A&B(8oz each) is $10.99 on Marine Depot ~$0.69 per oz

Kent Tech CB A&B(16oz each) is 11.99 on Marine Depot ~$0.37 per oz

And I'll let you figure out the rest...

I have been using Kent Nano A+B since May of this year. Over the past 3 months my results have been ok. I have a 10g display tank with a 11g refuge/sump. I dose 40 drops (each) A+B - 3 times a week. Normally I was getting a Ca reading of 400 from my test kit at the end of the week before my water change. ( I use Instant Ocean). Lately my readings have been at 380, I think because of some corals I added using it up (Monti cap). So twice a week I just add 1/2 a capful of Liquid Ca to increase it (I had some laying around). My Alk has been about 10 for a long time.

I agree with what the others said, you need to just test your params and add the stuff accordingly and get a schedule locked in. I think Kent A+B is ok, but next time I will try B-Ionic - everyone seems to like that.

Around 6 months ago I started dosing with this stuff. Within 3 weeks my monti almost lost all of its color. So I stopped dosing and within 2 weeks the monti gained all of its color back.

So after doing some water test, it appears that even with the dosing Calcium was only around 200, Magnesium was at 900, strontium was around 20. Pretty much that stuff caused all of my Parametes to be out of wack.

Taking the simple way is only going to cause your tank to crash. I suggest to test the water and add the stuff that is needed.

Archived