Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FIRST CORALS!!!!!! i'm now an official nano reefer

penguin87

i went to the closest lfs to me today to check out the selection. i remember the first time i went there to see the marine selection they had considerably less stuff than at my usual lfs. but my usual lfs made me angry the last time i went, and my parents are tired of driving down there.

so there was one tank full of corals, and the selection wasn't great, but i found two big pieces of pulsing silver "Zenia" for $40, and one mushroom for $30 (yea, alot, but hey, this is Kansas).

i brought them home and found that the xenia was difficult to acclimate, as said by liveaquaria, so i was careful. it was almost completely closed after it's 1 1/2 hour acclimation period, but opened up almost immediately after i turned the powerhead on.

the mushroom looked dull and brown in the lfs, so i kinda regreted buying it, but when i added it to the tank, it turned blue and purple, and spotted. it's the coolest spotted mushroom ever! well, not really, but it's nice.

i hope everything lives, as these 2 corals are my biggest single livestock investment yet. right now, the xenia and shrooms, will just be getting the trace elements in my instant ocean salt, but i might buy some supplements later.

sorry for the long post, but i'm so excited!!!!!!!!

Go to Fish World Direct in BLue Springs, best place. Prices are cheap, and when I mean cheap they are. They are also very helpful. Also, the place in Lees Summit on 291 S and 50 Hwy has a very large selection. It has 4500 gallons of saltwater tanks.

Eddie

Archived