ReefCleaners.org

More Pics Of My New 20 Long!

jdsabin1

Here are some pictures today of my new setup after the corals have had a chance to relax a little. It seems everyone is enjoying themselves.

First, here is a shot of the macroalgae I picked up at my favorite lfs in the area. When I asked for some, she got down in one of her sump tanks, asked me how much and what kind I wanted, grabbed a fistful and asked me if that was enough. And then gave it to me for free. That is truly the difference between shopping at an lfs where the owner is an enthusiast first and where they are only in it for the money. This includes all types of macro, including the type that looks like a brillo pad which some guy on e-bay is getting $20 for.

macro.jpg

I got the blasto merleti out front since the wife loves it and demanded it be there.

blasto20.jpg

My candy cane that looked like a** when I saved it from one of the lfs here has done fairly well:

ccane.jpg

A pic of some $5 zoos I got, again at my lfs and they have really multiplied and done well:

cheapzoos.jpg

One of the wifes favorites, the clove. I'll admit they do look friendly blowing around in the tank. Basically they look like little daisies.

cloves20.jpg

The fox coral, spreading out like he owns the place:

fox20.jpg

My SPS corals have grown and my guess is they will continue at a faster pace, and color up when I add the MH's.

greendig20.jpg

purpacro.jpg

purpmont.jpg

One of the now four mini-carpet anenomes I have in my tank. They haven't bothered any corals yet but they do get around. Really neat animals to watch actually.

minicarp.jpg

These zoos have started to really color up nicely and the camera finally took a shot that is closer to representing the true colors of this colony.

pinkzoos.jpg

What would a nano be without ricordia. This ricordia rock really shines in my 20 gallon:

ricrock.jpg

My clam is loving his new digs also. The picture is a little dark but as you can see, he is loving life:

squam20.jpg

The frogspawn that took over the world. He started as two small baby heads and now he is the size of a softball when he extends. The new light is good for him as he appears a really neat and deep green:

thespawn.jpg

This shot of some Logical Reef zoos doesn't do this piece justice. Very nice midnight blue colony:

lrzoos.jpg

I thought I got all of the xenia out but alas, this stuff is like the plague. I have three spots growing in my tank yet again. *sigh* Pulsing away and laughing at me as I stare at it:

itsback.jpg

wonderful...if you ever want to frag that blasto let me know...i got rid of mine when i broke down my tank but miss it alot. now i have a tank again and havent found a nice blast to add. also those pinkish zoos look awesome. if you ever want to trade let me know...ill have some stuff ready soon.

Jsabin, you have one of the most beautiful collection of corals I've ever seen. Not only is your tank nice but the individual pieces are all show piece quality. I'm especially in love with your purple-grey blastomussa merletti. The two zoos and the daisies are gorgeous as well. How about a frag of the blasto sometimes? spread the love.:D

As always, lookin' great, Jeff.

If you need a place to offload some of that frogspawn, let me know. I just lost a piece and wouldn't mind replacing it.

Stunning tank! I only hope my new one (20L also) looks that good when I get around to setting it up. That blasto, the fox and those lavender zoos are awesome.

Angel

The blastos were only $29 at my lfs. They didn't look very good there but they have done well in my tank.

Kimura/Cyber - I have posted specs/setup in this same forum. Look for my post entitled 'Unveiling the 20' or something along those lines.

I have cherry picked corals coming from Tropical Paradise in Ca. These things are impressive and I can't wait to get them in the tank. They should arrive on Friday.

What a dork I am getting all excited about new corals coming.

:blush:

damn with a tank like that id be all excited too...my tank looks half that good and im all exciting about my new corals coming this week

I'm wishing my tank will look half as decent as this tank once I get some corals in there....that's more like a prayer than a wish i think

Joey,

This 20 has been up for a week or so but all the stuff that went in it was in a 12 gallon eclipse since January. Luckily everything made the transition just fine.

Here is a picture of one of the cherry pick corals I am getting from Tropical Paradise tomorrow. I am really excited about these corals!

scol.jpg

Archived