Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

clownfish discrimination!!!!!!!

penguin87

i was talking to my clancy the clownfish today, and was telling him how pretty he was, when suddenly I called him a false percula. he got mad and exploded at me, saying how the false in false percula is very discriminatory. i apologized, and promised him i would only refer to him as an ocellaris from now on.

is it true that false percs prefer to be called ocellaris? i think so. I think we should all forget that horrible name, and from now on just call our nemos ocellaris

from the United Clownfish College Fund. for a better tomorrow

he he he. but really, when i first heard false perc it sort of made me think they were some tank-bred breed of true perculas that didn't even live in the wild. and i thinkg that they're just as pretty if not more than true perculas. i think that true perculas should just be called perculas and false perculas ocellaris

What we should do is just abolish the use of common names altogether in this hobby as it gets exceedingly difficult to properly identify things when you don't use a scientific name..(case in point...I've got a "brain coral"..well..isn't that nice for you? but is it a Lobophyllia, Trachyphyllia, Favia, Favites, etc etc etc....). So from now on if we simply refer to them as Amphiprion percula, or Amphiprion ocellaris or A. percula or A. ocellaris..we wouldn't have all these headaches..now would we?

Oy vey...some people's children....

that's what they did for cichlids. almost nobody use common names becuase there are SO MANY freaking species.

Archived