Cultivated Reef

live rock

spyntrax

I am searching for the best price for live rock anwhere?????? If anyone knows where to get it cheap please let me know . I want good live rock but looking for a price for the low budget reefer. Thank you in advance for your input

exoticfish.com usually has the lowest prices at a decent or better quality.

themarinecenter.com is a little better on average but slightly pricier too.

liverocks.com is having a sale right now. I've heard it's good stuff; several people on N-R have bought it. I'm tempted to add another 10 lbs. to my nano at those prices!

junglejim83

take a look at the rock at liveaquaria.com, if you get uncured Lalo rock it comes with alot of life. Much of it dies, but if you are persistent (biweekly)with water changes you should be ok. I finished my cycle about a month ago i already have purple, red, and green coraline growing, and tons of pods. the fiji rock from there is rather inexpensive too. I hear that rock from liverocks comes with great life but typically is more expensive and alot heavier(so not as much rock per pound), this lalo stuff had great shapes and was cheap and the life is coming back ok. If i had to do it again i would buy a few pounds of rock from liverocks.com and throw thatin with the less expensive rock so you can get the great shapes of pacific rock but the life from the local gulf rock. Also, where ever you order from let them know what size your tank is.

Jim

thanks for the replys , I have about 5 pounds of marshall island in there now and am looking for more, I called and talked to someone from liverocks and it sounds promising, he told me with shipping it would be around $6 per pound for 20 pounds that is for next day, I want to try it out but am on a really low budget right now and I only need about ten pounds not 20:*(

westkyracer

If you put a thread on here for the Southern Ohio area wanting to split a shipment of LR. You could get a better price for ordering a larger quantity.

You could get some base rock and let it become LR. That is what I am doing in my 20g.

Archived