ReefCleaners.org

Seachem test kit question

Reefy

I recently purchased a seachem basic marine test kit. Today, I checked the nitates and the result of the test had no color. Completely clear w/ no color. So iI tried the reference test to see if my kit was working and it worked perfectly. Does having no color show up mean that my nitrates are 0?

damn those seachem tests!!! i almost feel like i need to go out on the street and take a survey to understand what colors match my samples!

fb9a2ecb.jpg

Yes, no color to a very faint pink means 0 on the trates/trites.

I agree about matching colors. I had to ask my gf the other day, "Babe, is this very faint pink, pink, or magenta?"

Who knows?!

MrNoahCount

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals is just as bad. So are Jungle test strips. I think I'm going to go with the Sailfert. I've read good things about it.

Salifert is having issues importing into the US!!!! Most places are backorder until ???? I had been looking for some Salifert stuff and a bunch of places were out of stock and I just read that on the Aquarium Pro's website yesterday!

ha! funny you mentioned that Onthefly. I was at a LFS today to get a Salifert calcium test. The box was obviously a Strontium test kit, but there was a big yellow sticker from the manufacturer over it that said something about having troubles getting the correct boxes from their supplier. Weird.

They proly have a chemical used in bomb making which is on a "hot" list with customs.......can you say "nano-terrorists"!

I had to go with Aquarium Systems..........forever banished to the realm of "is it this or that" color matching

Archived