Coral Vue Hydros

Maybe?

SeaFish

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I bet all of your corals ar having a chemical ware fare reactionfrom hell in there due to heat stress too! Try not to let it get any warmer then 80 at the most. Tropical waters very rarely get above 78 degrees. When they do all but the hardiest of corals start to stress and die off.

Boss,

Check your information BEFORE you post it! Seriously....don't sweat the 83F..its a tad on the warm side...but there are a lot of reefs with mean temperatures of 84F+. As a matter of fact...a lot of people keep their tanks at 84 or more to help boost growth (although this can sometimes also boost nuisance algae growth..so be careful!). As far as tropical seas never getting over 78...well...you even BEEN to a reef flat or lagoon area and swam in the top 5' of water? Its like a friggin hot tub....Salty Dawg is talking out his ass....I maintain my tank at roughly 80F with no problems..and I know many others that go even higher...78F should be the BOTTOM of your daily temperature range......

dreamweaver_gcotb

Admittedly I don't know much about this stuff yet but I do know that tropical waters get over 80 degrees. Hurricane season starts when the water temp reaches 80.

Gina in FL

Archived