Coral Vue Hydros

New Nano!!! 16 Gallon Bow AGA

eddie29

20037232532678223387017.jpg

I went with a Royal Blue. Figured that was a good compromise between black and blue.

On this lighting question I still have. How many think that 96 watt cf would be enough to get sps and a clam (if placed high enough) to be happy with? Cause I can get the 96 watt cf for 100 dollars vs 160 for the mh. The main problem with teh mh that I'm going to have is making the canopy for it cause of the bow of the tank.

Thanks

Eddie

Is that Natural Light? Ugghh!8) You gotta get a new beer man. You'll never be able to plan and think clear on Natural Light.:P

Scott

In a frathouse --- don't forget to drink your Weadamins (sic? ) for breakfast. It just doesn't get any lower than that. Which is good cause then you can only move up in the world.

I'd go with the MH. Trust me.....it's worth it. I have both, but since I'm in the stages of moving to our first new house I had to use my CF's. But when I did have it, the MH looked WAY better. Plus It used less power than my two CF's which had a longer photo period (12hours) and my MH (8hours) due to light intensity.

Okay, so I juist spent 275 dollars on the stand to be made from 3/4" Oak at a local cabinet shop. My problem with most of the stands I was looking at it wouldn't fit my 10 gallon sump. This project is getting expensive, but I'm a perfectionist so off I am to go spend some more money. I still haven't gotten many replies back on the pc lighting. Do you guys think 96 watts would be enough for SPS and a clam if put high enough?

Thanks

Eddie

Its official. Dropped the 225 on a PFO Mini Pendant HQI 150 watt setup for 225 at the lfs. I luv those guys. I will post pics next week when the stand gets done being built. This project is getting expensive. Spent so far with stand and lights and tank and sump and etc.

50 (Sump Setup)

85 (Tank and drilled)

275 (Oak Stand)

225 (Lights)

I think i'm going to easily hit a grand on this project. With the liverock around another 100 dollars and the clam for 35 and the sps frags for 15 * 5 or so. 200 there alone. What else? I just hope I don't need a CA reactor.

Eddie

Mom, Dad, send more money!!! For the love of God, I need nano parts and I'm drinking friggin' Natural Light! :P

Get money for new books and then go buy used. Pocket the rest. Also, I think you may have a case for child abuse with the Natural Light issue. Threaten to sue. :

Scott

No need for that. I just work 45 hours a week at Lowes being a cashier. Thats how i pay for this expensive hobby.

Eddie

• 3 weeks later...

dude, it's looking huge and sideways in most of the pics. nice sheets by the way.

how the hell do you post them that large? I am always being forced to resize my pics

DSCN0645.JPG

DSCN0650.JPG

New pic with the mh. The other one was a 2 x40 watt Custom Sea Life Light with the moonlight. Also, the new pic has the tank filled and the sump going on as well. I was scared when it started to siphon and the sump was going up and then i tried matching it up, just lets say I rather not be doing that again.

Eddie

• 3 weeks later...

Archived