Top Shelf Aquatics

Light rendition?..beauty and brains?

BallR

WATT <~~~ hur hurrah....are some good PC bulb mixes to get a nice lighting as well as useful in the maX. growth of corals, clams, and inverts?...lets say in a 12gal eclipse....

Gracias,

bump

a 50/50 mix of actinics and daylight is my pref but the daylight (i.e. <10000K) can/will promote unwanted microalgae. the actinics are a must imo, both for PAR and aesthetics. the daylight just balances it out for a 'natural' look for me.

most peeps go with a 50/50 10000K & actinic format to cut back on the algae tho. that's good balance to raise basically everything. i don't particularly like the 'smart' bulbs tho (half tube blue and half tube white) but that's just my pers pref again.

it also depends upon what type of fixture you're putting on top of the E12, e.g. 2x32W or 2x55W/65W etc. hth

1st off SpanX for replyin since u were the only one...yea i see what u mean...ive seen at a LFS a lighting for a reef tank that looked all blue and wen i asked why he had he told me that it was a more efficient setup of light w/o excess growth of microalgae...but it looked too wack and unnatural kna mean, also im planning on having clams and i heard they need different light or somethin.....if you have a website about light please by all means hit me up...whAZz yo 2 cents for lighting my 12 G eclipZ..

check out physh1's californiareefs.com he has a good blurbage page on lighting

i think most people are retrofitting 96w quad's or 32w straight pc's for their 12gE's. there might be a couple setups in the members' forum.

Archived