Top Shelf Aquatics

Feed coral???

Phish

How exactly would you feed coral? What would you feed it?

What small, slow growing kind would you recomend for a 10 gallon Nano-reef? (Light is no problem, 'cuz I dont have it yet, but depending on what kinds I decide to raise, will make the light decision.)

I dont know yet, I havnt started the tank and need to aquire lots of info..... Hard corals and soft I guess. (its for a 10 gallon) I dont know if each one has to be fed differently.

most corals in the trade like shrooms, zoos, frogspawn, etc. do necessarily need to be fed on a regular basis. They are photosynthetic and require a good deal of high quality lighting.

your stony (hard corals) tend to require more light and dosing of food like DT's phytoplankton.

the softies like leathers, shrooms etc can subsist on lighting alone but can benifit from phyto dosing (or so I've read).

Expect to spend at least 100-200 dollars on the lighting and you'll want at least 64 to 96 watts of PC light over the tank IMO. This should be enough for most sofites and some pollyps and large pollyp stonies. For the real stonies you'll need much stronger light.

HTH

I can get 75 watts of light for $30-$40, its a long explanation so I'll leave it blank for now... ______________

Archived