Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

First post. saying hi.

DvrEANx

Im just making my first post here to introduce my self.

Im 26 years old, i live in tampa Florida, im an avid diver, my name is jake, i currently do not have a tank. Ive had 55g, 75g and a 150g reef tanks over the past 15 years and now want another but im looking into a 2-5 gal setup for my computer desk.

I found a link to this site on a automotive forum called tamparacing.com we tend to get off the topic of cars often and fish was one of those offtopics for today. Im hoping that hanging out on this site and maybe picking up a few pointers here and there will inspire me to put togather a small tank. :P

Greetings Jake and welcome to N-R.com. We just have little slices of the ocean in our homes, unlike you who gets to dive in the largest aquarium on the planet. Someday I'd love to learn to dive. Oh the places I could see :).

Anyway, there are lot of great people here and lots of great nanos. A great place to start reading some about nano's in particular are the articles on the site. Since you've already have a lot of experience in the hobby I am sure you'll have a great little tank should you decide to take the plunge.

Again, welcome aboard! B)

hey... welcome.. there is alot of information here to be taken in.. oh yeh... i live in pensacola... you think maybe you can pick me up some coral off the bottom of the gulf :)

Originally posted by jdsabin1

Someday I'd love to learn to dive. Oh the places I could see :).  

Let me Inspire you. Sorry i have no Reef pics, but this is going to be my mission to get some to post up on this site. before this summer is over.

These are from the Duane off Key largo Fl.

duane3.gif

duane2.gif

duane5.gif

Me at Crystal River Fl.

jakeswim.jpg

A Wreck off of Miami Fl.

P6260028-01.gif

P6260019-01.gif

A sea turtle At vero Beach Fl. (low quality, this was off a video camera)

veroturtle2.jpg

jakeswim.jpg

Firstly, welcome to Nano Reef! Glad to have you here.

Secondly, you might want to refrain from posting pictures of you in tight fitting, skimpy, revealing outfits such as the picture above. Unfortunately, this board is inhabited by local woman who, once they start drooling - you will never hear the end of it.

Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Welcome...another newbie here.

Man, I'm so jealous that you live in an area where you can go diving. I just tried it for the first time this past May in Mexico and I am HOOKED. I can't wait to do it again. In fact, it was the diving experience that made me want to start up a nano reef tank.

Got any good diving message board links?

Keep posting the pics!

Originally posted by offsprg01

dude that is so awsome!

by the way nice @$$ ;)

See! I told you! You have to be very carefull around here. :

Originally posted by AbSoluTc

jakeswim.jpg  

Firstly, welcome to Nano Reef!  Glad to have you here.

Secondly, you might want to refrain from posting pictures of you in tight fitting, skimpy, revealing outfits such as the picture above.  Unfortunately, this board is inhabited by local woman who, once they start drooling - you will never hear the end of it.

Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Whoo hoo. I Found Home.

Im a very regualar poster on a site where we call them leg humpers, but in our case its the guys that do the leg humping to the women. so if its the other way around, Bring on the Leg Humpers B)

In this case i want some Fine women preferably from florida to come do some leg humping. in the case of my other message board. get a female on there, and all hell breaks loose.

on another note. i read thought all the articals last night. i learned a few new things. and was dissapointed to find some not written yet. i hope the artical page can be completed soon.

would you collect your own stuff for your tank? man i would love to do that! Anyways, i bet there is a reef club in your area if you wanted to join to get started with frags and whatnot (of course once your tank has cycled and everything). Maybe look on reefcentrals club forums.....

I was planning on doing my own collecting. atleast partially. as i have done before, but its not easy, most reefs are protected, and we go for the weekend, its about an 8 hour drive from key largo to my house. but i have an inverter that can power 4 devices, so a filter and 3 power heads. or what ever is needed.

next dive: lobster mini season, 3 days of shollow dives and free diving for lobster. Ill have pics. :-)

dreamweaver_gcotb

Welcome aboard Jake. I'm Gina and I live just a few minutes up the road from you in Port Richey. :) Those were really awesome pics you posted! You mentioned a racing website as well. Do you like NASCAR?

Gina

*the sound of lizbeth slapping AbSoluTc upside the head*

DvrEANx, welcome to NR. This is a great place to hang out. We are a very diverse group of people who have many hobbies besides nano reefs. I myself flyfish, four wheel drive and have lots of pets. Don't be shy about asking question about setting up your tank. There is also a begginers forum if you would feel safer posting there. BTW nice ass.

Originally posted by dreamweaver_gcotb

Welcome aboard Jake. I'm Gina and I live just a few minutes up the road from you in Port Richey. :) Those were really awesome pics you posted! You mentioned a racing website as well. Do you like NASCAR?

Gina

The site im on is a general car entusists site. more for participants, not so much spectators, but no i dont watch neckcar, er um i mean NASCAR. :P WRC, F1 and Touring are my favs to watch the site is www.tamparacing.com if you want to check it out

hey also thanks for the link to the local reef club. once i have a cycled system i'll have to meet up with you guys.

Archived