ReefCleaners.org

not really nano....but

offsprg01

ok here's the deal i got yet another 80 gal from the petco sale. (this is becomming a yearly event) well i'd like to set it up as a reef tank..... but seeing as how i really like the minimalist ideas the go with nano's (ie less equipment to go wrong) i was wondering if i could do the same style setup on an 80 gallon.

nope just a big glass box. so my options are open. i was thinging 20 or 30 gallon fuge. maybe. or just grow macro in the main tank like on of my lfs does in there show tank.

I would for sure go and get it drilled out.

As for growing the micro in the main tank, Unless you are going to keep a tang in there to keep it trimmed, i would not .. i had Grape Calupra in my main tank and even with a tang it got all out of control..

and i would go with a maybe 33G, 36 inches long, and divide it.. in 3 compartments ( 1 for the overflow to go into, center for a Refugium and the 3rd for the return pump going back to the main tank. )

BIG neagtive on putting macro in the main tank....

Drill away & compartment fuge/sump like tooloud said: I hate overflow boxes.

I wonder if it would be easier and perhaps more interesting to put a big tank divider in there and have one half of the tank overflow into the other, then pump back. No drilling. But then I'm the sort of person who can find a fuge just as interesting as the main tank...

Look Mr. BIG TANK MAN - this is NANO REEF. Does it say NORMAL SIZE REEFS up top there?

I thought not! ;)

Archived