Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BREEDING CLOWN FISH IN NANO

Cam barr

humm just a thought but ive kinda benn thinkin bout my clowns i think i have a pair i know some info on them but if they spawnd and the eggs hached what would happen i have a 6 gal tank i think i  would use for nersury??? can anyone give me some advice

NanoReefer53

are u saying that you're going to use a 6gallon to raise them up after they hatch ? I don't think that's a good idea considering the amount of babies you'll have and even so, in a small tank they'll be dwarfs for life (it happened to my cichlids).

I highly recommend the Clownfishes book by Wilkerson. It is very down to earth yet comprehensive. Well worth the 24 bucks, if you are seriously thinking about breeding clownfishes.

It's shows recommended tank size for different clowns (as little as 10g) and how to raise rotifers, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I have succesfully raised clownfish babies - my LFS buys them for $6 each! I use a ten gallon tank with lr, ls, flourscent hood, and airpump.

Oh, and a 100% water change every 3 weeks.

Not a 100 change in the adult tank.  I moved the babies in plastic cups to a second tank ( 6 gallon With rock etc...), did a 100% water change in the first tank. Then when everything was settled moved them back to the original and did the same thing with the 6 gallon. I have 5 baby clowns to show for it.

yeah WILKERSONS book is the shizach.... i have read It and have had GREAT sucess... BUT I caution those who are NOT willing to spend the time to raise juvie fish in their tanks cause it is..............FUCIEAGHING HARRRRRDDDD ! OMG I hope uou have LOTS of tanks ( I thought 7 was a lot) not enough. www.ora.com or something like that. its har koodos to thise who do...

Archived