Coral Vue Hydros

I need a lot of help

Phish

When you do a 10% water change, do you change with pure salt water, or 'watered down' saltwater (lower salinity)

any info you can give would be great.

Thanks a lot.

you use exact same specs as the sw in your tank.....same sg reading at the same temp. otherwise you might stres out your lil' fishes....and some snails, stars, and inverts really cannot handle sudden salinity and temp changes.

if you feel that over time your tank sg has risen too high despite freshwater top-off.......remove a little bit of tank water (less than you would for a water change so that you can leave your heater and pumps and filters on) and do a slow drip of freshwater....do a test and repeat until it reaches the recommended sg

phish...start reading up and researching on this crap. TONS of general info to learn before beginning a saltwater tank. this site and reefs.org are both stuffed with info, but don't be hesitant about buying a book too. just a suggestion

~Joel

I already read all the information on this site. All of it (I may not retain as much as I take in though) What is the best website you guys could possible give me to look up basics to very advanced stuff.

Thanks a lot.

probably this one (for setup questions) as nanos are a little different than minis.....nanos are more simplified and many minis still use a lot of complex equipment....i think a mini can go up to 55 gallons or maybe even more......or maybe it is any household reef setup...

using the search option on this site will really help you out.

the other reef sites like www.reefcentral.com are good for searching info on species and advanced issues like dosing and propagation .....

Archived