Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pair of Koralia 1 or 2?

TheFallofSidney

TheFallofSidney

I'm looking to get a pair of Koralia either 1 or 2, but I wanted some opinions on which would be better for a mixed coral tank. I kinda think that a pair of Koralia 2 would be a little too much flow for my softer corals, but I haven't seen the Koralia 2 in action to make an educated decision.

noobwithatank
^ It's in the sig. AP24 and the coral listed there.

i have a bc29 same thing..lol in it i have a k2, and two knanos and the stock return pump.

uglyamericanV1.5

2 nanos here too in a 30 with zoas and ricordia....

i had a galaxa in it too before it started getting bigger, and had 1 nano + 1 one

i wouldnt get a 2

i got a 4 for my 75 gallon and to be honest its way too much

these things are purty powerful

I too use a Koralia 2 along with a Tunze 6025 in my 24g. I think the more flow the better but I also have mostly SPS, zoas, and some lps.

Im using 2 Koraila 2's, and one koraila 4 in my 20 long and its still not enough flow. Id would go with 2-3 Koriala 2's. for that tank. OR 2 Koraila 4's.

i have 1 Koralia 1's on my 25g along with a maxijet600 and (soon to come) a sump with a mj1200 pumping water up about 3'.

My Koralia's do plenty for circulation on the front side of the LR. I have the MJ600 blowing behind my LR. i keep softies, LPS, some new SPS, a BTA, 2 clowns and a pygmy angel and everyone is happy

i've got 2xk2's in my 20 long, and love 'em. but your tank is a much different shape. i would go with at least 1 k2 over 2 1's, because the 1's seem to lose their punch before too far into the tank.

The Propagator

I have tried Korillas 1-3.

1 is perfect for 20gs

2 is perfect for 29-40 ( going by dimensions here)

3 is EXCELLENT for 55's and similar length.

The flow pattern is high left so you'll want to aim them down and to the right a little like your over steering a car thats out of line. :)

BUT that work with waves makers like re sea and the like VERY WELL that DO NOT completely cut power when switching. DO NOT use them on something like a Current Sea that cuts power to the pump every time it switches.

TheFallofSidney

Thanks for the replies guys. I've been running 2 K1s for the past week or so, and I'm glad I didn't go with the 2s. My softer corals are already moving with the current pretty well. They would probably fly around if there was any more flow. I know my SPS would love it but my LPS wouldn't.

I have a koraila 4 in a 20 gallon long with 2 Koraila 2's. My corals love it, and the way I do it is I have a bare bottom tank. No sand storm.

allenspidey

I have a koralia 1 in my 28. Seems like enough for now. I have noticed a little red slime in a corner so I may need to redirct the flow a little or add a koralia nano.

Archived