ReefCleaners.org

Refugium installed (pictures)

Toooloud

i did this post on another site, But This is what i did.

I plumbed in a 33 Gallon long tank ( 36x18x12) and drilled out a 1 inch hole for the return line to the tank ( running a little giant pump) i have the tank divided in 3, One for the overflow to drain into, the center for Live rock, live sand and calupra ( lite 24/7) and the third has the return lines installed.

Its running Saline solution Skimmer( air stone driven)

well please take alook of my Refugium and let me know what you all think!!

loud,

looks good, do you have another divider or baffle between the inflow and proposed LR area? cuts down on the stray bubbles otherwise you'll have a lot of pearling on the LR.

i couldn't see the return lines on the far side but overall it looks great. how do you plan on setting the LR? central peak, spur & groove or flat? you've got a lotta room in that long. i'm going to try that same style for my next big tank. good luck with it! ;)

Im not being mean or anything, but this is what I see when I first look at these pictures.

The main display tank, most definently needs a new stand. You are playing with fire with the stand it is on now. Any aquarium should be firmly supported at all 4 corners. NEVER should a tank only be supported in the center.

Why? Pressure pushing down on the ends of the tank and multiple water seepages onto the wood will cause the center of the wood to warp. As it warps, the outer edges will slowly sink down. This will create a pressure point at the center of the tank.

Either the center will go first, or the seals at the ends. I am aware there is wood under the entire bottom of the tank, but that is not safe by any means.

I would hate to see such a beautiful setup lay waste on a carpet.

Kris

Archived