Cultivated Reef

requirements for a scooter

thegr8tdane

thegr8tdane

I was wondering what the requirements were for a scooter blenny. The reason that I ask is that I thought they were not suitable for a nano for the same reasons a mandarin should not be in a nano. Anyone have any thoughts. My wife really wants one, she thinks there cute playing in the sand.

thanks

thegr8tdane

pulpsmack

While a scooter is somewhat heartier than a mandarin I would treat it the same in terms of difficulty with feeding and nano unsuitablity

scooters do require alot of the same as a mandarin. but they aren't as hard on the pod population as a mandarin is and more of them will accept prepared foods where the mandarin will not. if you can find one that eats you should be ok. i had one in a 38 fo for about 7 mths and he did fine. i upgraded to a 75 fowlr and even though there are a ton of pods he actually climbs the rock to get fed brine soaked in vitamins or garlic and loves it. ive had him over a year now and hes fatter than ever. if you decide on one look for one that will eat other foods. they are a very cute fish and lots of personality also can be very hardy.

Archived