Coral Vue Hydros

CSL moon light

JimmyZtank

I have read alot about the led moonlight systems and want to get one.. i found one from csl they call it there moon-lite it uses a white led...is that good i have heard that blue is better...does anyone know a different manufacturer, i know there easy to build but i'm lazy. Please let me know..thanks

I have the CSL moonlight on my 35g, I like it.

It is more white but it does have a slight hint of blue also. It is really bright so I aim it across the top of my tank and reflect some light off my PC reflector that way it's not full strength. It is also very compact 2''x 2'' if that.

hey AbSoluTc... what size tank is that? how many are over it? i see that the corals glow.. does this light make the coral glow like that?

bertz-

Sorry about not responding to your pm. I have had a horrible headache the past few days and all I cared about was finishing up this ballast transaction.

Anyways, that is a strip of 12 - 1watt luxeon leds. Better known as the "Luxeon Line". That is not available to the public as an off the shelf item. You need to get it through a 3rd party and is a bit pricey. However, single and multiple leds over a tank will get the same color and glow out of corals, it just won't fill up the tank as much with the light. If you understand that?

The tank is a 28 bow. Yes, the LEDs make the corals glow. Here are a couple pictures of what the corals look like under this lighting. Unretouched.

do you think you can buy a blue light and switch it out, if the light is white? i wonder why its white...anyways....where can i find some pics of a tank under a white moonlite...any of you out there have one?

Originally posted by Ascensive

do you think you can buy a blue light and switch it out, if the light is white?  i wonder why its white...anyways....where can i find some pics of a tank under a white moonlite...any of you out there have one?

It's white because its supposed to simulate moon light.....which is more of a white color with a hint of blue.

dunno where everyone gets the idea that moon light is the same color as a pure blue or actinic bulb.

so does anyone recomend the CSL moonlight? Absolutc can do you sell those leds? pm me if you do and how many you would think i need to light a 12gal Flat back hex

Jimmy-

Light it for moon simulation or full tank lighting? Moonlight you only need about 2. Will be plenty. You can even do 1.

1 Led setups (plug and play) are 35 bux plus 5 shipping. 4 year warranty, 30 day money back.. You get the idea ;)

the moonlight that came with the CSL hood I bought looks to be one of those LED lights that you can purchase at radioshack. Get some wires and a 9v battery and have yourself some cheap lighting.

• 1 month later...

absolutc -

I just sent you an email - I want to purchase a 1LED setup from you. :)

These pictures made me fall in love - I just cancelled the csl white moonlite kit order from marinedepot for your setup, absolutc. Hope you still have them available!

- Kyung

Archived