Coral Vue Hydros

Gulf Side and Jax LFS Question

pseudo

Hi Everyone,

I'm a few hours away from the gulf side beaches near Gulf Shores, AL, Mobile, AL, Tallahassee, FL, Destin, FL...And I often vacation in Jacksonville, FL (just got back last night as a matter of fact).

Just wondering if anyone knows if the prices on livestock and corals is any cheaper just because they're closer to the beach. Didn't know if you could get better deals just because the competition might be more stiff.

Thought it might be a longshot but worth a quick question anyway. ;)

dood i wish i still lilved in florida...... :( i used to live just outside of jax. as a matter of fact i went back to jax for spring break and surfed my @$$ off. much fun...... oh to live near the beach agian......

anyway it might be woth a shot but if your willing to drive to jax why not visit tampa bay slatwater?

Hey Charlie,

I was surprised to see all of the surfers on Ponte Vedra Beach myself. We always go there so we can take the dog out on the beach with us.

I saw more surfers this time around than in the 2 years I lived in L.A. Lots of girl surfers too. I felt really out of place with my beach blanket, suntan lotion and pockets full of shells. :P

Thanks for the tip on Tampa Bay Saltwater. They sell livestock and corals? I've checked them out before for live rock. They've seem to have been around forever.

Well, I live in Mobile and the only choice I have seen here is B&B. Don't waste your time going there, they suck and the prices are outrageous for shabby merchandise. I have recently found that progresive marine is operated out of Mobile, but haven't contacted him to see if he sells local or what his product looks like in person. You can check out the web site he has at www.progressivemarine.com if you like.

I go to Pensacola and have found some good deals there at a few stores (Reef Scapes on Olive Road and Aqua Works on East Texar). Aqua Works has some nice coral, but they are hit and miss, as the rest are. I just bought a frag, with two multi-colored daisy zoos, for $10 and it is gorgeous. There are a few others, but the outrageous prices and customer service (Water world) turned me off on the first visit. Daphne has a place called Waggy Tail and they have a small selection of corals, but didn't see any that caught my eye. Foley has a place called Amazon's River, they have a few things in the line of corals, but are overly priced, IMO. I haven't seen any in Gulf Shores.

I also thought that they would be cheaper in this area, but found it depends on the area. Pensacola has better prices, because of more competition I believe.

I would be interested to know what the prices run in Jacksonville, and maybe even try to talk you into getting me some on your next trip :D

Angel

Hey guys I'm with you all, I'm from Daytona Beach and now live in the mountains of MD! It's nice but nothing like home where I surfed my $%!#%#%$^$%^$^&%^& off and access to tons of great LFS. Since I got f7347567n PhD in microbiology the job locations are tuff, but what the crap, Fedx is a great thing:)

Cheers,

Rick

Archived