SaltCritters.com

HOB Filter to much power???

NanoBound

Ok...got to ask this question. I have a 930 or 970 whisper power head (on low power)in my starting of a 10 gl nano tank. My question is, the up to 29 gl. hartz HOB to much current?

AZDesertRat

Probably not. I use a Powersweep 214 powerhead, Minijet 606 powerhead and a Prizm skimmer on my 15G. I have corals and rock stacked pretty high and have no problems with either too much current or dead spots.

Thanks!! Wanted to make sure before I went out and bought a smaller one!! Boy, the extra equipment I have sure is coming in pretty handy!!B)

AZDesertRat

Its amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years! Our local saltwater club is holding a yard sale soon and I started going through my stuff and found things I didn't even remember I had. What would I ever do with 12 air pumps, 5 side filters or 6 incandescent light hoods? I think I could park a car in my garage if I sell some of this stuff.

Are you going to use the HOB filter for filtration or just current? I would run it empty and maybe use it to run a bag of carbon occasionally. Another possibility is you may be able to put a very small submersible heater inside it so it won't clutter up the tank. I have my 50w Visitherm in my BakPak II on my 20.

Your right on the money!! My plans are to use it for the current diversity as well as to hide equipment, and possiably to add a line to the top off water. I will be trying out the IV bag for this, for now....lol. To bad I cannot hide that power head.....and just to think, they look so small in my 55.:)

Archived