inTank Media Baskets

has anyone bought tanks for glasscages.com ?

stoneman

Years ago I was really into freshwater and I have purchased 7 tanks, in various sizes, from them over the years.

Not one has ever leaked.

I ordered a few with a starphire front panel. Everytime I got a starphire panel, the silicone was applied lot neater than their standard tanks.

I was only disppointed with one tank, the 120g .

The silicone was very sloppy, and there were a few spots where they missed polishing the edge of the glass pane. This was the second tank I had purchased, all of the others were fine.

They have an 18 by 18 by 12 rimless tank for $95.00, that I have been contemplating purchasing.

With starphire front panel and shipping it is around $ 155.00

Most of the well known glass tank builders want around $400.00 for such a tank.

Do not buy an acrylic tank from glasscages. I have only seen them on the truck, but that is enough for me to tell everyone not to buy their acrylic.

I tried to order a glass tank from them.

I sent an email, she replied asking me to call the store (for a 10 gallon tall, glass, no drilling or anything), then she replied again with contact information. An hour later I call, she didn't remember me, couldn't find my email, insisted on searching for 10 minutes until she finally just asked what I wanted. I told her and she took my information. I didn't hear anything after that, they never charged me, so I email them again asking about it and they say they aren't doing the delivery after all and to let them know in a month if I still wanted the tank. Screw them.

I have bought 4 tanks from GlassCages.com. 2 38gal, 1 45gal, and 1 135gal tank.

of which, I have yet to have a problem. each time I've picked them up factory direct and they've always been very friendly. I've even been taken on a "tour" and seen them building.

They have exceptional deals compared to the competition and I've yet to experience a problem.

Archived