ReefCleaners.org

Anyone have a flame hawk???

kryptonite

Hey I just wanted to see if anyone has a flame hawkfish.

If so, how long have you had him, what's your tank size, what are some of the other inhabitants that live with him, and how is everything getting along with him??

Thanks everybody,

Looking forward to reading your replies and maybe a few pics...

groove machine

we call them scarlet hawks in the uk and boy are they expensive! ive had mine 2 years and he cost £40.00 {thts a lot of dollars!}

i keep him in my 70 gallon fish only along with a blue trigger, clowns and all the usual run of the mill stuff i also have a long nose hawkfish and they get along ok

at freeding time he even chases the trigger away from food!! its a real character fish and as tough as old boots

i feed mine on the usual frozen stuff as well as lumps of mussell now and again, as long as you dont have any other fish that look similar you should be ok

enjoy!!

Cool, I was begining to think no one in the world had a flame hawk.  Yeah they are expensive.  Mine here in the U.S. was $35.  That was $12 off.  Got lucky on that one, everyone sells them for around $50 here.  I have a tomato clown and a bicolor blenny with him in my 15g tall and they all seem to be doing ok.  The tomato is a little bit nippy but thats ok, he's new they'll get use to each other.  He has a bubble tip anemone.  They are so cool to watch.  I could sit there with my nose pressed to the glass all day long.  Thanks for the reply.  Post some pics.

• 4 weeks later...

Hawks are aggressive, but not as aggressive as a clown which had territory first. Keep an eye on the two of them.

I've had an arc-eye hawk for almost seven years now! Gus has been with me from nearly the beginning of my salt experience. Hawks are relatively bullet proof as long as they are the dominant fish in the tank. Gus has been tank mates with almost everything from clowns to triggers to angels. And he's survived crashes, power outages, water temps in the low 60's.....pretty much everything (I hope I didn'y just jinx him!).

There's not too many people that would say this, but hawks are probably my all time favorite fish!

BTW since he never got over 2 1/2" long, he has taken up his retirement as the lone fish in my 10 gallon nanoreef......single and loving it!

(Edited by fish04 at 7:46 am on May 10, 2002)

Archived