ReefCleaners.org

Will 6 additional CFM make a difference in a stock Nano-Cube DX12?

rfries

I have a Nano-Cube DX-12 with 50/50 CF tubes. I've upgraded the pump to a Maxi-Jet 900 (which only adds .5 watt), but don't have any other heat-adding accessories.

My room temperature is around 65°F.

My tank runs between 80°F - 82°F when the lights are on, so I'm looking for solutions.

The less expensive option would be an upgraded fan kit, like this one from NanoTuners. The upgraded fans are 18 CFM vs. 15 on the stock fans.

What have other people experienced with fan upgrades? Would the additional 6 CFM of cooling in the canopy make a difference of 2°F - 4°F?

Thanks for any information you can provide ...

- Robert

masterbuilder

Turn BOTH fans to blow in, if not already that way. Good for a couple of degrees.

Also...80-82 is good, nothing wrong with that at all. Thats where I want mine, corals love it. More than 83...not good. Less than 78...not good

the silenx fans from NT are pretty silent. All the mfgs. have different ways of measuring Db levels, so one fan with a higher bd level might be quieter than one with a listed lower Bd level. I just got some cheap fans with an adjustable power supply. this gives me the option of running the fans on high during the summer and i turn them down in the winter.

Archived