Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Check out my new green polyp monti...

Brooklyn Johnny

Brooklyn Johnny

Got a new montipora a few weeks ago and haven't posted pics yet. I fragged one of my gorgonians and got some real estate and this montipora was very eye catching in my buddies 120. It does a little bit of everything, plating, encrusting, and even a couple little branches... I got one of those little branches. The body is tan but the polyps are wicked green... I really wish I had my actinic bulb on a seperate ballast... Check it out anyway...

Johnny

CalciumOverdose

it looks like a montipora spongodes

not a common coral found in fish stores. but i wouldnt say rare, just hard to find. :)

take care of it..

Brooklyn Johnny

Thanks fellas...

Crak you should change your name to Muhammed Al-Crakeur:P

Overdose do you have any links to info on that species? I've never heard of it or seen it documented. Nothing came up in google either... anyway I have a shot of the mother colony on another camera that I could post next week... if you have any shots of similar ones post em please too... thanks!

Johnny

CalciumOverdose

well, with the picture, 95% of my thoughts are leaning towards spongodes, but then again, it could be something else i dont know about..

being a hard to find coral, information online is going to be hard to find, but you can easily find it in J.E.N. Vernon's Coral of the world volume 1 and 3

and here are some pictures that might help you out..

Brooklyn Johnny

The first picture really nails it. The second has many more branches than the mother colony, but that's probably due to environment... thanks overdose those do help...

CalciumOverdose

glad to be here to help johnny..

the first picture that i posted is what they call a foot, upon maturing, it will encrust flat and eventually grow branches upwards.

as you can see on the second picture, you will see the foot under the branches.. :)

Nice brooklyn johnny. BTW how are the clams doing? I just got a couple more yesterday, unfortunately I'm leaving the nano category (40g upgrade) but I can now have more clams and corals :).

Archived