ReefCleaners.org

My first Nano !!

gperez

This is my first Nano. It is a 5 gallon bow front tank, with the stock filter in it. I put a rio 50 for circulation, and a 28watt power compact light with a nano ballast that I got from hellolights.com. there is about 6lbs. of live rock in it. Please give me any suggestions or comments. I'll post more pics when I get my fish and corals. Thanks fellow nano-reefers.

Off to a good start.

Suggestions are to keep the corals you get to things that are not too light demanding (since you only have 28 watts of light). Go with Mushrooms, zoos, polyps the other benefit to them is they do not get too big! and dont sting each other.

good luck

I have added a feather duster, polyps, and a small frogspawn. Also added two small clowns. The lights are in and I am going to install a fan today. Will keep you posted. Kepp the suggestions coming. Thanks.:)

Trade that clown in for a perc at least, poor little guy :( Or better yet a small goby or blenny, I would co a pistol shrimp, goby combo. Do you know about them? They are great! PM me if no, or do a search. Really a perc shouldn't be kept in a 5 either, you know they get alot bigger than ppl think!

Archived