SaltCritters.com

March 2008 - ezcompany

Christopher Marks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NICE GOLDFISH TANK.

Thanks~

I also have a Purple Goldfish. I'm getting even MORE goldfish tomorrow!!! stay ttuuneneeddd

thank you guys!

mskurdah, the places i got most of my clams from sadly do not exist anymore :(

one of the black and whites came from liveaquaria, believe me that took a whallop at my wallet....

Hey EZ. Can you share your thought process in choosing the 12.5K Geisseman bulb? I have the same fixture and the stock bulb color is way too white even with the actinic supplements IMO.

Hey EZ. Can you share your thought process in choosing the 12.5K Geisseman bulb? I have the same fixture and the stock bulb color is way too white even with the actinic supplements IMO.

sure thing, the 12.5k i found is a crisp white (at least in my eyes), with 0 tinge of yellow. the stock current 10k was a little too yellow for me, though i think the PAR value on those was very good as corals started to color up intensely. anyways, the 12.5k coupled with the actinic makes for a good combination in my opinion for aestethic purposes. the magnetic ballasts also overdrives bulbs making them look slightly bluer than they really are, which is why the 14ks i've tried, phoenix and hamiltons looked very unsightly.

mskurdah - the clams tolerate flow very well, the bottom part of the tank has medium flow, not as intense as the mid to high level of the tank and they do quite well there.

sure thing, the 12.5k i found is a crisp white (at least in my eyes), with 0 tinge of yellow. the stock current 10k was a little too yellow for me, though i think the PAR value on those was very good as corals started to color up intensely. anyways, the 12.5k coupled with the actinic makes for a good combination in my opinion for aestethic purposes. the magnetic ballasts also overdrives bulbs making them look slightly bluer than they really are, which is why the 14ks i've tried, phoenix and hamiltons looked very unsightly.

mskurdah - the clams tolerate flow very well, the bottom part of the tank has medium flow, not as intense as the mid to high level of the tank and they do quite well there.

I found the color of my coral under the stock light to be browner and not as bright. I've only had them under the light for a day so this may change over time. They were under a 20K Geisseman in my Aquapod and their colors really popped.

Do you know where I can get my hands on the 12.5K Geisseman? MarineDepot has one listed as 13K. Is this the same bulb?

I found the color of my coral under the stock light to be browner and not as bright. I've only had them under the light for a day so this may change over time. They were under a 20K Geisseman in my Aquapod and their colors really popped.

Do you know where I can get my hands on the 12.5K Geisseman? MarineDepot has one listed as 13K. Is this the same bulb?

i'm not really a fan of too much blue, i prefer the natural look, though it definitely looks great in pictures.

I got mine from MD price matched to reeftanksupply.com's price so its less than $100. yes the 12.5 is the same as the 13k, they rounded it up for some odd reason.

hey me too. im gettin some 14k phoenix's. by the way ez. the favia i got from you is doing great. any of your clams for sale though? ;)

EZ, your tank is DOPE! What I love even more though are your words of advice and reccomendations. I think we should just copy and paste that text and make it a sticky. I agree 100% with everything you stated.

Fantastic job!

From my experience with magnetic ballast and hqi bulbs, overdriving them causes them to be whiter, not bluer.

Ex. 250 watt Phoenix 14k on aqua medic ballast, much whiter than on electronic ballast.

Great tank by the way.

Archived