Top Shelf Aquatics

It's too darn HOT, yes it's to darn HOT

R*Frost*

i have just started to add the salt and water to my new 15 gal :), but then i realised that uncharacteristically of Notts in Enlgand must be haveing the hottest year ever for the last 2-3 weeks teh temp has swung from 27-30c do u think i should wait be4 adding any LS or LR ?

On the hot days remove the canopy, leave the lights off & turn on an extra fan. When it hits the high 90's low 100's, my tank used to get up to 86. :(

here in South Carolina usually right now its 96-103 and about 80% humidity.. This week has been awsome though low 90's w/ 30 humidity..

Chris

115 is hot but west Texas is relatively dry I believe. High 90's and low 100's in Virginia with similar humidity numbers...sucks...

Thats why it's called Vietnam on the Potomac.....

It does get a bit soupy, but I was in Ft. Lauderdale on Labor Day once and only sweat kept my shoes from catching on fire..hehe

No that we have totaly hijacked the thread and remembered how to convert C to F temps......

R*FROST - That is extremely hot for the UK even for the southern portions. I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal since you are cycling, and I think with the evap the water should stay cool enough....I will leave it to others to comment as well....my assumption is that you do not have Air Conditioning.

I keep reading posts on different forums about hot days affecting tanks. Is A/C not standard in most places? My house stays at 75-78F all the time, and thats in Florida. How does 86F weather make your tank hot? It's 86 at 8 AM here.

Archived