Top Shelf Aquatics

aNYONE TRICK OUT A 12 GAL ECLIPSE?COMMENTS?

BallR

Im ponderin about usin this dope little 12 gal eclipse versus a 10 gal glass for a nano reef. the eclipse is just more aesthetically pleasin but the lighting and filter are self contained at the top..looks more clean cut and also the option of drilling into the acrylic to put refugiums or powerheads or something looks doable..just wondering if anyone has tried one or would recommend or trash the lil guy...lemme kno wassu[]D

I have an Eclipse 12 and I am more than satisfied w/ my decision on keeping it. I ditched the light and the filter and did my own add ons. Believe it or not, there is a lot of space under that hood that you can play with. I currently have 109watts of PC lighting, and so far, all is well. You might have some warn you about the scratches on the acrylic, but I haven't experienced this as of yet. Good luck!

Not sure I understand all your mumbly-jumbly slang jargon, but yes, several of us have Eclipse 12's that are 'tricked out'.

fullview.jpg

BTW, you should probably know that jdsabin's Eclipse is about as blingin' as you can get. His tank looks like what Master P's tank would look like if it were a nano-reef, yo.

B)

Fa' shizzle dizzle, I got a Eclipsizzle 12 gizzle. I be pimpin the aquizzle mini-zizzle, 'bout 20 lbs of live rizzle, 2 cilzzie fizzys, 1 gobie-izzle, you know.

My fav is the frizzle spizzle and torch crizzle. :woot:

Originally posted by koolaid

Fa' shizzle dizzle, I got a Eclipsizzle 12 gizzle.  I be pimpin the aquizzle mini-zizzle, 'bout 20 lbs of live rizzle, 2 cilzzie fizzys, 1 gobie-izzle, you know.

My fav is the frizzle spizzle and torch crizzle. :woot:

BEST POST EVER!!!:woot: :D

Fa' shizzle dizzle, I got a Eclipsizzle 12 gizzle. I be pimpin the aquizzle mini-zizzle, 'bout 20 lbs of live rizzle, 2 cilzzie fizzys, 1 gobie-izzle, you know.

laugh2.gif

Hi, not a question about a 12 but I have a 6 that I've been toying with the idea of rigging for a nano. Just want one clown, a cleaner of some sort and the corals. Got some good advice on a lighting outfit from AHSUPPLY.com that works well (2x13 fluorescent) to outfit the Eclipse Six and I've got everything else, my questions for people here are:

a) anybody else done this successfully with a 6?

B) what would be some good livestock given the size and the clown?

Any help/advice is much appreciated

haHHAaaaaaa.......that ThuR was the best use of izzLe's i have ever heard in salltwater linguistics fo' shizzle nizzle...hahhaAhhaa.... and hey -jdsabin1- sorry your tight wrASSe cant understand what i speak why dont u pull the spiny puffer out ya sUmp...was that florid enough speech for you?

dante i hear you about the space under there...i keep getting recomm. to just use LR no skimmaZz or ToyZz...should i go al naturale or do i need the equip.?

NaNO ReeFiN

Eclipse tanks are nice, if you are careful with your aquascaping or you don't mind the scratches that will eventually build up over time..

Originally posted by BallR

... and hey -jdsabin1- sorry your tight wrASSe cant understand what i speak why dont u pull the spiny puffer out ya sUmp...was that florid enough speech for you?

Kids, buy 'em books, buy 'em books. What do they do?

Eat the pages. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Speak the ebonics on your playground but when you're dealing with intelligent life you'll get farther using proper english.

Best of luck to you.

Hey BallR, I go protein skimmerless, but I do use a surface skimmer. I also use an Aquaclear HOB, so I wouldn't recommend 100% natural. I actually got most of my ideas from the non-ebonic reading Jdsabin. Don't get it twisted, he is essentailly one of, or even, the Mack Daddy Doo Doo of the Eclipse 12 system (although he changes lights and tanks probably faster than I change my draws...lol). He's a pretty stand up guy too. Stick to what he did, and you should be fine; that is if you guys could cross communicate with your different languages...lol.

Sheeeeooot, gangstaz need luv too. I just poured out some liquor on that one fo'rizzie.

Say, you jus need to use the Eclizzie-fizzie twelve gizzie and get yo reef awn. I ain't talkin' 'bout no chronic leafs neither but if yous got sum, hit me on on tha 2-way.

I'll get my photograph on wif dis reef after I finish bradin' muh hair and gettin my nails did.

Word, I'm out.

i got an 12 g eclipse too. I am very happy with it. I use the filter, with an additional powerhead; no skimmer. when I set it up, the filter did not work, but the company was very nice and they sent me a new one the next day.

Archived