Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Test Kits

horsehunter

horsehunter

Does anyone use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Test Kits? I bought a KH Test for Fresh/Saltwater but unfortunately the instructions that were enclosed were for the KH&GH test kit with no mention of saltwater.

IS the reagent the same for both tests? Is it used the same?

Before ordering this test kit as well as their Master Saltwater Test Kit I emailed the company.

My email and their reply are below.

I phoned the company this afternoon and got the old answering machine.

Thanks Frank

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 3:39 PM

To: Doc Wellfish (Tech Services)

Subject: Salt Water Question

I am in the process of setting up my first salt water reef tank although I have had freshwater tanks for a long time.I know that my nitrate test kit will work with fresh or saltwater.Will any of the tests in my Freshwater Master Test Kit work in saltwater? I was wondering about HIGH RANGE PH,AMMONIA, NITRITE,and KH (carbonate hardness)or is it necessarry to keep both fresh and saltwater tests of these items? Thanks Frank Shelton

Thursday, July 03, 2003 5:36 PM

Thanks for contacting us with your question.

The only one of those kits that will read the same in both fresh and saltwater is the nitrite kit.

thanks and best regards,

dschaeffer@aquariumpharm.com

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc.

bought an aqua pharm to check my fourth week of my cycle it read and still does read nitrites over 10ppm

got a salifert kit to check

salifert .1ppm

hmmmmm

They test false high for nitrites. saliferts are not that more expensive and are well worth the money.

T

Archived