Top Shelf Aquatics

Snail is dead!

stonepran

ewk ! One of my snails passed away :( The other purchased with him is doing well, eating away... Not sure why this guy passed away, all I can say is that since I got him he kept on spawning tons? IN any event, I'd like to keep his shell... I already took him out of the tank and in a cup, as I don't want his dead body decaying in the tank... Any suggestions on how to get the body out, and keep the shell? I don't want surgery or anything to gruesome :*(

thx

that's the fastest way. plus, you can then eat it.

whatever you do, be forewarned, dead snails smell almost as bad as dead anemones

Fire Marshall Dave

Hmm...

What does this say about me?

I pulled a snail off the powerhead. It looked dead but I figured I'd drop it back in to see what happened.

I didn't have to clean the shell out. The hermits cleaned it out for me. Now one of them has a snazzy new shell.

so.. hermits will eat the dead body? Arn't you afraid of a decaying body.. I have a few hermits, but they arn't very big.

Fire Marshall Dave

Didn't worry about the dead body at all. It's a new tank and the only livestock in there is 4 snails and 4 hermits.

Since it's new I check the water frequently. If there had been and spikes I would have grabbed what was left of the carcass and did a water change. The only change I noticed was 4 happy hermit crabs.

Archived