Top Shelf Aquatics

Dosing Kalkwasser in a 10g

B_Kurzweil

I have had my 10g setup for around 2 months now and I'm dosing B Ionic, but I can't keep up with the Ca It is between 400 and 420 I have mostly softys but I do have a couple stoneys Candy Cane and Red LoBo Brain. I want to try and get my Ca upto and maintain arount 450.

What im doing now... I made a batch of Kalk water 1 tea spoon of kalk to a gallon of water I am using the drip methed it is driping at a rate of 1 drop every 10 sec or so.

I have know idea if this is to much or to little so any help would be great.

Thanks!

Brian

I would suggest using brightwell aquatics calcium supplement or the 2 part calcium buffer. Read the advanced instructions. It will explain how to monitor the amount of calcium being used by your corals on a daily basis and how to dose for it to keep it at the level you want.

IMO there aren't enough stonies in your tank to eat up very much calcium. Did you hit 450 and it started dropping? What are your alkalinity and magnesium params? Both those can affect the precipitation of calcium out of the water column without corals actually using them.

IMO there aren't enough stonies in your tank to eat up very much calcium. Did you hit 450 and it started dropping? What are your alkalinity and magnesium params? Both those can affect the precipitation of calcium out of the water column without corals actually using them.

Alk is between 9 and 10 and I dont have a mag test kit

srsly 400-420 is fine. more isn't always better and its often best just to have a a steady reading rather than if ones down trying to up it and then the other drops and trying to bring it up and so on. balance is key.

Archived