Pod Your Reef

Biozyme

Chronicles

Since I'm a newbie I get to post newbie questions right? :P I got some Biozyme from Petco, I know you all hate petco and I can see why. Anyway it says:

"Dried cultures of hetrophic bacteria and enzymes fixed on bran" now the inside looks like bran, when I put it in, I dump the 1/8 tsp. onto the bio wheel and then it looks like it's snowing. My fish even start to eat it, now what I'm wondering is since this stuff is on the bran won't it then develop the cultures on my filter where it catches the bran? Probably a stupid question but I'd really like to know. Should I presoak it in water first and then put it on the bio wheel? Is this just a crock like the "magic" juices you can buy for your car? Thanks in advance. ;)

I think that powder will be helpful for brand new tanks with no LR or LS. But by "definition" a reef tank has LR. LR or LS by "definition" already has a ton of bacteria. So if your tank has LR or LS, this powder is probably unnecessary.

To address your question. I *think* you can just dump it directly in, anywhere. The bacteria will float in the water and form colonies everywhere.

If you want to know other opinions or experiences, do a search using the product name here or at reefcentral.com.

You fish will have healthy colons though........

Don't rush it, the bacteria will do there thing soon enough. If you really want to add an additive to speed up the cycle, try Nitromax

Archived