Cultivated Reef

Neon/Arabian Dottyback

Korbin

My LFS has some tank raised neon dottybacks for $24, and I want to get one.  It will be the only fish in the tank, but my main concern is for my pods and stuff.  I don't want it to eat all my little critters.  

Is this fish a good choice for a small tank, or should I get something that wont eat my critters?

i would do it..these fish are hardy and look very cool. go for it man. it will eat pods and stuff but that is what they ar ehtere for. you can make littl ecok piles in your tank where the fish wont be able to get so they can hide there....

I want to get one soooo bad.  I just set up my tank a few days ago though, and theres no life in it until I put some of my LR in.  So I don't think I'll be able to get one until I get some good critters.

The LFS only has 2, and I have to wait at least another couple weeks.  BAH!

Laura Boyle

Korbin,

Will your LFS let you put a downpayment on one of the dottybacks and hold it until your tank is ready?  Just a thought.

Well, I went in to see if I could put some money down a couple days ago, and they were both sold.  Oh well.  I'm sure they'll get more in some day.

Archived