Pod Your Reef

Arrrggg..fish got ICH

nanonano1

hi , i am new to nano tank ...just set up my tank two month ago .Got a three spot domino who died of ich 1 week ago ...just bought a jaw fish two day ago ...today found that it got ich tooo...any help out there to cure it ..it is difficult for me to remove it from  the tank

dont put any thing in the tank for 3 months the ich will die off in the tank also if u have a qurrinetine tank put the jaw fish in there and treat him also how did u acclimate your jawfish did u just wight 30 min and put him in the tank or did u properly acclimate him????? do u know how to propery acclimate  fish ive noticed if you do all the acclimation tasks your fish will not have as much stress and since ich is moast likley brougt out by stress keeping stress low  for the fires few weeks is a must hop that was helpfull

cam

• 3 weeks later...

I used tropical sciences Marine-Max to treat a fish in my nano that had a mild case of ich (about 20 or so dots per side).  It was cured in a couple of days.  Marine-max contains no medications or chemicals per se.  It is  made up of probiotic bacteria and enzymes that help boost immune systems to that the fish can fight off the parasites.  It was $13 on-line at either thatpetplace.com or petwarehouse.com (don't remember which).

Archived