Innovative Marine Aquariums

This forum

liverpoolfcfan

This forum is useless no one ever replies

Probably because this is a Nano-reef board, and this is the large tank section......... Not as many people here with large tanks as nanos. With that being said, I have taken an interest on this section lately as I am starting a 75g.

espocrespo,

You may want to try reefcentral.com. They are into the larger tanks and fish over there and would be more familiar with them.

Good luck with your tank tho.

Greg

it's not worthless, just not as active as the nano side

i have a larger tank and have been trying to look here more recently

reefcentral does cater to larger tanks, but it also caters to a bunch of rich snobs who think $15 per polyp for zoos is a great deal and people who spend ridiculous amounts of money and time turning their entire house into an aquarium

and forget the lounge at RC, you cant even bring up politics at all or they just close the thread, in the lounge.....they are pretty uptight and intolerant

what even funnier, i had a serious question i needed an answer to about the sump project i was planning, waited days to get one reply, and in those few days there was a thread that was getting posts a minute that was making fun or Heath Ledger dying......yeah, classy people there huh...???

dont go to RC man, even the search feature is disabled during certain times for us infidels that dont pay them money, and i dont mean you cant search within 60 seconds again, i mean disabled completely for hours except to those that pay....LOL

Not worthless, just pretend to have a small tank and people reply to everything you ask.

FWIW, I like this site much better than RC, and will come here second after my local club forum. However, the big secret is that I don't have a nano tank, never in the past, and probably never will. (mods- DON'T BAN ME because of this). I started in a 45g, and upgraded after 6 months to a 75g, which I currently have going strong (GHA and everything).

The advice that I get from NR is invaluable because people with small tanks need to have a grasp of what good water quality means on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. Big tanks are forgiving, and change takes a long time. Small tanks mean small changes cause huge swings.

If you want replies, post in the general discussion forum.

dsoz

Maybe it's because of the language barrier---with you being in the UK and all.

Why's that - English is English in USA and UK? I have no language barrier problems and I'm English.

This forum is useless no one ever replies

Actually, many very nice threads in more popular forums go unanswered, too. It's a shame, but I get subscribed to so many threads as it is that I can no longer go searching for the worthies that get lost in the shuffle, or because they're posted by an as-yet unknown member..

I tune in to threads in this forum if something catches my eye on the home page or if a post in another forum makes me curious about the poster's main tank thread, etc....

But in some ways, getting a readership on any forum is a matter of luck and/or timing and/or longevity and/or "who ya know," etc. ...

Just another thing I worry about!

--Diane

Why's that - English is English in USA and UK? I have no language barrier problems and I'm English.

"England and America are two countries separated by a common language." --GB Shaw

--bubbles

Orange Crush
this forum should be replaced with BIOTOPES
as my next tank will be minimally 40g, and likely much bigger, I politely say "No sir!" and "Good day to you!"

(i'm not adverse to a biotope forum, just don't make me go to...uh...don't make me go elsewhere for big tanks!)

Archived