Coral Vue Hydros

How to set up a light cycle for my 'fuge?

peanut1181

I am unsure of how to run the lights on my fuge. I have a 15g nano with a 15g 'fuge with basically nothing in it yet as I am still cycling the tank. I have two normal output 60w (120w total) flourescent lights above my 'fuge. Should I leave them on 24/7? Should I run them only during the day when my display tank lights are on? Should I run them only at night when my display tank lights are off? How will the manner in which I run my lights effect my tank? In the 'fuge I have caulerpa and such... how will my light cycle effect that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Peanut1181

most will run it 24/7 .. Just becouse they fear there Calupra will go sexual.. Myself i run it on a reverse cycle to the main tank.. and run Grape Calupra never had any issues..

Ideally you want the reverse atleast becouse the lighting on the tank will help maintian a stable PH level.. So if running 24/7 is not for you .. Run it reverse to the main tank!

Thanks very much for the help! Most people have said to go either 24/7 or on a reverse cycle from the main tank... i'll probably go on a reverse cycle since it will conserve some electricity. Thanks again for all the input.

Peanut1181

Archived