SaltCritters.com

Eclipse Impellers

Caius

Anybody know whether the impeller from an Eclipse System 6 would fit the System 3?

The pump on the System 6 is rated at 75gph while the one in the System 3 is rated at 35gph. I wonder if I could put the impeller from the 6 in the 3 and get more flow?

ummmm, ok i though you had both already. well i know with aqua clears and whispers you can., dunno about eclipses though.

I tried the impeller from the walmart version eclipse 5 and it works fine on the 3g. The only difference is the length of the blades. I didn't keep it on there though because the extra current made the water splash too much.

fishbabies they are gonna be diff part #'s he want to use the eclipse 6 impeller to create more flow though his 3.

oooops...thought it was just a fit question....i always thought the flow was more of a wattage issue. usually pumps of the same size simply expend more power to increase fllow.....at least in the tech specs charts i've seen

According to the Marineland web site, the Eclipse 5 impeller has the same part number as the Eclipse 3 and is rated as having equal waterflow. Maybe I'll give Marineland a call tomorrow and see if anyone there knows. Failing that, a trip to the LFS should hopefully answer the question.

yeah tru fishbabies but if say the e6 impeller has bigger or diffrent shaped blades it may move more water per rotation.

Well I just talked to the folks at Marineland and unfortunately they said that the impeller for the 6 would not fit on the 3. It's not only wider but also taller.

Back to the drawing board...

Or you could get one for the "regent" eclipse 5. Like I said it fits and moves more water. The five gallon on the Marineland web site is not the same as the walmart version.

Oh really. Okay, I thought they were the same which is why I didn't consider it since they're both rated at 35gph. I'll have a peak at Walmart the next time I'm there. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived