Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

nudibranchs

reefinready

reefinready

i recently got a nudibranch about two weeks ago and i am afraid he doesent have enough to eat and will kil all  my corals if he dies and secretes his poison.

reef hugger

most are specialized feeders (ie corals, sponges, or algea) and don't live more than 2 years. usaully alot less b/c of a lack of a specific food. and as you mentioned about releasing the toxins and killing the tank. they are up there with cucumbers, don't put one in a nano.

do you have any pics? i personaly think they are pretty cool, just don't recommend them.

reefinready

me and technology dont get along:) sorry no pics i have a nudibranch as my aviator but i think i will change it. thank you for your advice i think i am going to take him out better safe than sorry. they sure are cool though:(

unless you set up a species tank, there is no way to proporly care for any nudibranch. ALL nudibranchs are carnivorous, consuming corals, aneomones, sponges, or other sensile invertabretes. There is not one known nudibranch that eats algea. I'm sorry to tell you but unless you know the exact species and can provide for its exact needs, it wont live long.

Archived