Coral Vue Hydros

20 gallon fish possibilities

Andy16

come on bro. you got to narrow it down a little. what have you looked at? a goby and scrimp combo would be cool. spoted green puffers are also cool as hell.

A PUFFER?!?!?!?!?!? im drooling over here. Is it really possible? I didnt narrow it down becaus i wanted to know EVERYTHING that i could do. The goby would be cool to. Seen the shrimp goby thing on TV once. Very cute. Arent the puffers brackish?

yes these particular guy are brackish they are spotted green puffers. they are an ierradecent green with black spots and a white belly. (no spines! that is a diffrent species) you can't keep much in the way of a clean up crew (at least not to my knoledge) as the eat snails. (small ones anyway. not sure about big ones like large mex turbos and such) they can get agressive if they are the first fish in your tank.and they have a rep for being fin nippers. i have two in a 10 gallon that i converted to salt water. (i put them in a bucket and brought the salt levels up to 1.023 over the course of about 2 hours.) they are very hardy fish. i don't think they would be too compatable with anything but uber fast fish. i had them in a tank with some bumble bee gobies abd a couple of knight gobies and they got along fine.

side note: almost any brack fish can tolerate salt levels if not thrive. spotted green puffers start out in fresh water and migrate the brackish water as they age. their adult range is from brackish to salt water.

I was thinking more along the lines of a full SW fish. ive kept those puffers b4 in a FW setup. Not a good idea. It worked but it was too hard to keep the fish from getting diseases. So it technically didnt work.

Originally posted by Andy16

worked but it was too hard to keep the fish from getting diseases. So it technically didnt work.

ah.

Percula or oscelaris clowns, royal gramma, firefish goby, starcki damsel, cardinal fish, fairy wrasse, bicolor blenny, neon goby. any combo of these.

you could also do dottybacks, but they are on the aggressive side.

I wouldn't put more than 3 fish in there.

hey bro that's becuase they were in fresh, they need salt to survive. but yeah i didn't figure you want to keep them as they are not reef save imo. they have a tendancy to eat what every the can in the way of snails.

I guess more reef safe fish now that i think of it. I dont want to try and catch something that isnt reefsafe if i decide i want to keep soem corals, which is hte way to go.

they won't eat corals just snails. and anything you dangle over the tank. (like crabs that eat other very expensive crabs hehehehehehe. :

Archived