Today after they opened.

DSCF4743.jpg

DSCF4744.jpg

DSCF4745.jpg

DSCF4746.jpg

and my freebie

DSCF4748.jpg

VERY sweet!

Heading past me? Up to Maine again perhaps??

I likey free shipping! :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VERY sweet!

Heading past me? Up to Maine again perhaps??

I likey free shipping! :lol:

That's the plan. The bay is calling me & I think there is a lobster or 6 with my name on them. :lol: One of our sons is in Rhode Island & we may pick him up on the way. If my sister-in-law doesn't come, we may stop in Newark to see her.

Back to the drawing board-again! :P I can't get the lights as high as I thought & the 250W is putting out too much heat! I turned it off when the water was 81.9. I just left the 150 on. We can raise it another 1 1/2" but I don't think that will be enough. I also have to decide what to do about the skimmer. The HOB (or should I say HOF since it is in the front ATM) I got used & it leaks a bit around the fitting. Also there is salt creep around the seams. I was getting the skimmer from Louie3 because he said it would fit in the first compartment. Now I have to decide if I want to reconfigure the sump/fuge, get a new skimmer or use the leaky one I have.

Please excuse the cords. Everything is still temporary.

DSCF4759.jpg

DSCF4763.jpg

Sump/fuge in the left, prop tank in the middle & QT tank on the right.

Those wires intimidate me!

Me too! :P When I get everything where it will end up, I will deal with them. Hubby is going to enclose the left half of the counter & put shelves in for storage. That will help hide them, too.

Wow, looks like you cooking now!

That's my problem! My corals almost got cooked. Good thing I kept an eye on things all day! I may just sell the 250W & get another 150W. One light was not quite enough for that long of a tank.

glennr1978
That's my problem! My corals almost got cooked. Good thing I kept an eye on things all day! I may just sell the 250W & get another 150W. One light was not quite enough for that long of a tank.

What are the specs on the 250? I have a 150 from illuming.com + $$ I could trade you.

Nice.

Thanks! I have to make some room for the new stuff I got in. Some of it is far enough back that it is hard to feed.

The Propagator

Have you tried a clip on fans blowing from under the range hood ( or even simply turning on the fan in the range hood ?)

Needreefunds

LOL, That was my first thought too Prop!

Hmmm, did she try running the hood fan?? :huh::lol:

Nice work on the Acan frags ladies, they look great!

Susan that's my kind of apartment kitchen!

And I thought HOF was pretty funny too, but try not to say Hof with Lisa around, OK? :happy:

Have you tried a clip on fans blowing from under the range hood ( or even simply turning on the fan in the range hood ?)

I did try the fan on the hood. It helped a little. I brought it down to 80.9. Today, I only turned on the 150W while at church & Weetie's for her late birthday party. When I got home it was 80.0 in the tank. The light turned off soon after that & I turned on the 250W for a couple of hours. Alone, it was 80.2 Hubby raised it (the mounting for both lights) 1 1/2 in. tonight so I will see what it does tomorrow.

We have clip on fans to use but I don't have an ATO so it will be a problem when we are in Maine for 2 weeks. I cover the tops of my tanks with plastic wrap to keep down the evaporation. Weetie will come over to feed & do WC/top off mid-way through the vacation. In that case, I don't think the fans will do much good.

Old Prop tank is transferred & transformed.

I just got back from my daughter & son-in-law's house. Their family has now joined the ranks of rock-gazers. My daughter has wanted a reef tank since working at a LFS in Hollywood, FL. Because she has 4 kids 5 1/2 & under she was just going to do a FOWLR for now. Guess what! :P

DSCF4956.jpg

I am letting her use my Secret Santa rock with palys on it since she needed more rock & it won't fit in my display tank ATM.

DSCF4917.jpg

Today after church she got these.

DSCF4970.jpg

DSCF4989.jpg

plus a cool shaped LR. The rest of what she needs she is going to order form Sea Life.

DSCF4973.jpg

The baby loves the tank as do the rest of the kids.

DSCF4982.jpg

DSCF4981.jpg

DSCF4977.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived